Panhandle Research and Extension Center
B.S., Moscow State University of Food Production, Moscow, Russia, 2003
M.S., Environmental Engineering, University of North Dakota, 2008
Ph.D., Land and Atmospheric Science (Soil Science track), University of Minnesota, 2013
Area of FocusSoil and Nutrient Management
Research & Extension Interests
- Soil and nutrient management
- Water quality
- Precision Agriculture
- Maharjan, B., Rosen, C., Lamb, J., and Venterea, R. T. 2016. Corn response to nitrogen management under fully irrigated versus water-stressed conditions. Agronomy Journal 108:1-10.
- Maharjan, B., Ferguson, R.B. and Slater, G. 2016. Polymer coated urea improved corn response compared to UAN irrespective of inter-annual climatic variation. Agronomy Journal 108: 509-518.
- Xianlong, P., Maharjan, B., Cailian, Y., Anyu, S. and Ferguson, R. B. 2015. A laboratory evaluation of ammonia volatilization and nitrate leaching following nitrogen fertilizer application on a coarse-textured soil. Agronomy Journal 107: 871-879.
- Krienke, B., Ferguson, R., and Maharjan, B. 2015. Using an unmanned aerial vehicle to evaluate nitrogen variability and distance effect with an active crop canopy sensor. Precision Agriculture ’15: 143-150.
- Maharjan, B. and Venterea, R. T. 2014. Anhydrous ammonia injection depth does not affect N2O emissions in a silt loam over two growing seasons. Journal of Environmental Quality. 43:1536-1545.
- Maharjan, B., Venterea, R. T. and Rosen, C. 2014. Fertilizer and irrigation management effects on nitrous oxide emissions and nitrate leaching. Agronomy Journal 106: 703-714.
- Maharjan, B. and Venterea, R. T. 2013. Nitrite intensity explains nitrogen management effects on nitrous oxide emissions in maize. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 66: 229-238.
- Maharjan, B., Korom, S.F., and Smith, E.A., 2013. Electron donor concentrations in sediments and sediment properties at the agricultural chemicals team research site near New Providence, Iowa, 2006–07: U.S. Geological Survey Data Series 737, 17 p.
- Venterea R. T., Maharjan, B. and Dolan, M.S. 2011. Fertilizer source and tillage effects on yield scaled nitrous oxide emissions in a corn cropping system. Journal of Environmental Quality, 40:1521-1531.