Horticulture Specialty Crops
Our research in controlled environment agriculture includes:
- Winter production of medicinal and culinary herbs such as basil and chamomile.
- Winter production of strawberries.
- High tunnel and greenhouse.
- Low tunnel and greenhouse.
- Colored mulch and plastic.
Flower and Vegetable Resources
Flower and vegetable research resources include:
- High Tunnel and flower production
- Good agricultural practices for vegetable and flower growers
- Organic gardening practices
Our research on Nebraska Hops
- Cultivar evaluation
- Wild hops genetic diversity investigation
- Regional hops breeding program
TheUniversity of Nebraska Viticulture Program
strives to advance the knowledge, theory and application of grape and wine production for all growers, producers and consumers of grapes and wine for all of Nebraska and those beyond its borders.