Timothy A. Kettler
Timothy A. Kettler
Assistant Professor of Practice
B.S., Physical Science Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1986
M.S., Soil and Water Science (Agronomy), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1998
Area of Focus
- Assessment of teaching method and student learning in teacher-centered, student-centered, and computer-delivered courses.
- The Assessment of Soil Quality and Health, and development of simple soil test methodologies useful to producers and lay people.
Major Project Activities
- Coordinator for Nebraska State FFA, 'Agronomic Resources' Career Development Event, held the first week of April, annually.
- Creation of a series of on-line, interactive learning modules to be utilized in the field of Soil Science Distance Education.
Participated in creation of the USDA Soil Quality Test Kit. This kit is useful for on-site soil quality analyses and currently is in use all over the world.
- AGRO/HORT/SOIL 153, Fall and Spring Semesters annually (AGRO/153)
- AGRI/NRES 103 Recitation, Fall Semesters (AGRI/103)
- Mamo, M., T.A. Kettler, and D. Husmann. 2005. Learning Style responses to an on-line Soil Erosion Lesson. J. Nat. Resour. Life Sci. Educ. 34:44-48.
- Mamo, M., T.A. Kettler, D. Husmann, and D. McCallister. 2004. Assessment of interactive computer modules and student learning in introductory soil science. NACTA J. 48: 47-52.
- Kettler, T.A., M. Mamo, D. Husmann, and D. McCallister. 2002. Assessment of an interactive computer module and student learning in introductory soil science. In 2002 Agronomy Abstracts. ASA Madison, WI.
- Kettler, T.A., J.W. Doran, and T.L. Gilbert. 2001. A simplified method for soil particle size determination to accompany soil quality analyses. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 65:000-000. (May-June 2001)
- Gajda, A.M., J.W. Doran, T.A. Kettler, B.J. Wienhold, J.L. Pikul, Jr., and C.A. Cambardella. 2001. Soil quality evaluations of alternative and conventional management systems in the Great Plains. p. 381-400. In: R. Lal, J.M. Kimble, R.F. Follett and B.A. Stewart (eds.), Assessment Methods for Soil Carbon. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, FL.
- Cambardella, C.A., A.M. Gajda, J.W. Doran, B.J. Wienhold, and T.A. Kettler. 2001. Estimation of particulate and total organic matter by weight loss-on-ignition. p. 349-359. In: R. Lal, J.M. Kimble, R.F. Follett and B.A. Stewart (eds.), Assessment Methods for Soil Carbon. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, FL.
- Kettler, T.A., J.W. Doran, D.J. Lyon, W.L. Powers, and W.W. Stroup. 2000. Soil Quality Assessment After Weed Control Tillage in a No-Till Wheat-Fallow Cropping System. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 64:339-346.
- Stamatiadis, S., J.W. Doran, and T.A. Kettler. 1999. Field and laboratory evaluation of soil quality changes resulting from injection of liquid sewage sludge. App. Soil Ecol. 12:263-272.
- Kettler, T.A. 1998. Soil quality as influenced by intermittent plowing in conservation tillage wheat-fallow systems. M.S. thesis. Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583.
- Kesavalou, A., J.W. Doran, W.L. Powers, T.A. Kettler, and J.H. Qian. 1996. Bromide and 15N tracers of nitrate leaching under irrigated corn in central Nebraska. J. Environ. Qual. 25:1008-1014.