B.S., Agribusiness and Applied Economics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH., 2004
M.S., Plant Pathology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., 2006
Ph.D., Weed Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., 2010
Area of Focus
Crops - Productivity
- Increasing crop yields through water management practices
- Understanding crop residue management and the impacts of crop residue on crop yields and soil quality
- Interactions between pest management strategies
- Systems approach to understanding crop production
- Maximizing efficiency and efficacy of pesticide applications
- Optimizing the use of biotechnology
- Sustainable water management in crop production systems
- Integrated pest management
- Profitable and sustainable crop production
- Spray application technology
- Crop variety and hybrid evaluation
- Davis, V.M., G.R. Kruger, B.G. Young, and W.G. Johnson. Fall and spring preplant herbicide applications influence spring emergence of glyphosate-resistant horseweed (Conyza canadensis). Weed Technology (In press).
- Davis, V.M., G.R. Kruger, S.G. Hallett, P.J. Tranel, and W.G. Johnson. 2010. Heritability of glyphosate resistance in Indiana horseweed (Conyza canadensis) populations. Weed Science 58:30-38.
- Kruger, G.R., V.M. Davis, S.C. Weller, J.M. Stachler, M.M. Loux, and W.G. Johnson. 2009. Frequency, distribution, and characterization of horseweed biotypes with resistance to glyphosate and ALS-inhibiting herbicides. Weed Science 57:652-659.
- Davis, V.M., G.R. Kruger, J.M. Stachler, M.M. Loux, and W.G. Johnson. 2009. Growth and seed production of horseweed (Conyza canadensis) populations resistant to glyphosate, ALS-Inhibiting, and multiple (glyphosate+ALS-Inhibiting) herbicides. Weed Science 57:494-504.
- Johnson, W.G., V.M. Davis, G.R. Kruger, and S.C. Weller. 2009. Influence of glyphosate-resistant cropping systems on weed species shifts and glyphosate-resistant weed populations. European Journal of Agronomy 31:162-172.
- Johnson, W.G., M.D.K. Owen, G.R. Kruger, B.G. Young, D.R. Shaw, R.G. Wilson, J.W. Wilcut, D.L. Jordan, and S.C. Weller. 2009. Farmers attitudes toward impending problems with genetically engineered glyphosate resistant crops may endanger the sustainability of chemically based weed management. Weed Technology 23:308-312.
- Givens, W.A., D.R. Shaw, G.R. Kruger, W.G. Johnson, S.C. Weller, B.G. Young, R.G. Wilson, M.D.K. Owen, and D. Jordan. 2009. Survey of tillage trends following the adoption of glyphosate resistant crops. Weed Technology 23:150-155.
- Kruger, G.R., W.G. Johnson, S.C. Weller, M.D.K. Owen, D.R. Shaw, J.W. Wilcut, D.L. Jordan, R.G. Wilson, M.L. Bernards, and B.G. Young. 2009. U.S. grower views on problematic weeds and changes in weed pressure in glyphosate-resistant corn, cotton, and soybean cropping systems. Weed Technology 23:162-166.
- Kruger, G.R., V.M. Davis, S.C. Weller, and W.G. Johnson. 2008. Response and survival of rosette-stage horseweed (Conyza canadensis) after exposure to 2,4-D. Weed Science 56:748-752.
- Westhoven, A.M., G.R. Kruger, C.K. Gerber, J.M. Stachler, M.M. Loux, and W.G. Johnson. 2008. Characterization of selected common lambsquarters (Chenopodium album) biotypes with tolerance to glyphosate. Weed Science 56:685-691.
- Kruger, G.R., L. Xing, A.R. LeRoy, and A. Westphal. 2008. Meloidogyne incognita resistance in soybean under Midwest conditions. Crop Science 48:716-726.
- Kruger, G.R., L. Xing, J.B. Santini, and A. Westphal. 2007. Distribution and damage caused by root-knot nematodes on soybean in Southwest Indiana. Online. Plant Health Progress. Plant Health Progress doi:10.1094/PHP-2007-1031-01-RS.