Stephen C. Mason
Stephen C. Mason
B.S., Agricultural Education, University of Missouri, 1971
M.S., Agronomy, Purdue University, 1976
Ph.D., Agronomy, Purdue University, 1983
Area of Focus
Crop Production and Management
Practices for production of dryland summer annual crops (maize, sorghum, pearl millet); Pearl millet as an alternate grain crop; Crop rotation; Production practice influence on grain quality; International sorghum and pearl millet agronomy.
Major Project Activities
Production practice and environment effects on grain quality of maize and grain sorghum, dryland production practices for maize and grain sorghum, grain sorghum - soybean rotation, production practices for pearl millet as an alternate grain crop, international research in Africa and Latin America.
Co-leader for advising transfer students majoring in Agronomy.
- Agronomy 204, Resource Efficient Crop Management (AGRO/204)
- Agronomy 405, Crop Management Strategies (AGRO/405)
- Agronomy 132, Plant Science Laboratory (AGRO/132)
- Agronomy 201, Career and Intern Preparation in Agronomy (AGRO/201)
- Agronomy 437/837, Animal, Food and Industrial Uses of Grain (AGRO/437)
- Agronomy 438/838, Production of Grain for Animal, Food and Industrial Use (AGRO/438)
- Kaye, N.M., S.C. Mason and T.D. Galusha. 2006. Nodulating and non-nodulating soybean rotation influence on soil NO3-N and water, and grain yield. Agron. J. 99: 599-606
- Kaye, N.M., S.C. Mason, D.S. Jackson and T.D. Galusha. 2006. Crop rotation and soil amendment alters sorghum grain quality. Crop Sci. 47:722-729.
- McCallister, D.L., D.J. Lee and S.C. Mason. 2005. Student numbers in agronomy and crop science in the United States: History, current status, and possible action. NACTA 49(3): 24-29.
- Duarte, A.P., S.C. Mason, D.S. Jackson and J. de C. Keihl. 2005. Grain quality of Brazilian maize genotypes as influenced by nitrogen level. Crop Sci. 45: 1958 - 1964.
- Maman, N., S.C. Mason and D.J. Lyon. 2004. Yield components of pearl millet and grain sorghum across environments in Nebraska. Crop Sci. 2004. 44: 2138 - 2145.
- Traore, S., S.C. Mason, A.R. Martin, D.A. Mortensen and J.J. Spotanski. 2003. Velvetleaf interference effects on yield and growth of sorghum. Agron. J. 95: 1602 - 1607.
- Pale, S., S.C. Mason and T.D. Galusha. 2003. Planting time for early-season pearl millet and grain sorghum in Nebraska. Agron. J. 95: 1047 - 1053.
- Mason, S.C. and N.E. D'Croz-Mason. 2001. Production practice influence on maize grain quality. J. Crop Prod. 5: 75 - 91.