Tim Shaver Assistant Professor of Agronomy and Nutrient Management Specialist
(click on Back button in browser to return to this page)
Area of Focus
- B.S., Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University, 1996
- M.S., Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University, 2000
- Ph.D., Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University, 2009
- Precision Nutrient Management
- Irrigated and Water Limited Cropping System Nutrient Management
- Management Effects on Soil Physical Properties
- Remote Sensing
Extension Area of Emphasis
- Nutrient Management
- Soil and Water Relationships
- GPS / GIS Applications
- Shaver, T.M and D.G. Westfall. 2008. Validity of Zinc Fertilizer Efficiency Ratios. Colorado Agriculture Experiment Station (CAES) Technical Bulletin TB08-04.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and R. Khosla. 2008. Ground based active remote sensors to determine Nitrogen variability in corn. In Agronomy Abstracts (CD-Rom), American Society of Agronomy, 2008 Annual Meetings, Houston, TX.
- Shaver, T.M., R. Khosla and D.G. Westfall. 2008. Correlation of normalized difference vegetation indices (NDVI) and crop variables with corn grain yield. In Abstracts, International Conference on Precision Agriculture, 2008 Meeting, Denver, CO.
- Shaver, T. M., Westfall, D. G. and Ronaghi, M. 2007. Zinc Fertilizer Solubility and Its Effects on Zinc Bioailability Over Time. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 30:1,123 — 133.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and R. Khosla. 2007. Evaluation of three ground based active remote sensors to assess nitrogen (N) status of corn across production level management zones and environments. In Agronomy Abstracts (CD-Rom), American Society of Agronomy, 2007 Annual Meetings, New Orleans, LA.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and R. Khosla. 2007. Comparison of three active remote hand-held NDVI (normalized difference vegetative indices) remote sensors for nitrogen management of corn. p. 373-379. IN. Precision Agriculture ‘07. ED. J. V. Stafford. Wageningen Academic Publishers, The Netherlands.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and J. Khosla. 2007. Using active remote sensors to predict nitrogen status and in-season nitrogen fertilizer management in irrigated corn. Abstr. of 10th Inter. Symp. on Soil and Plant Analysis. June 11-15, 2007. Budapest, Hungary.
- Shaver, T.M., R. Khosla, and D.G. Westfall. 2006. Utilizing green normalized difference vegetation indices (GNDVI) for production level management zone delineation in irrigated corn. In Abstracts (CD-Rom), 18th World Congress of Soil Science, Philidelphia, PA. USA.
- Westfall, D.G., G.A. Peterson, F.B. Peairs, L. Sherrod, D. Poss, T. Shaver, K. Larson, D.L. Thompson, L.R. Ahuja, M.D. Koch, C.B. Walker. 2004. Sustainable dryland agroecosystem management. Colorado Agriculture Experiment Station (CAES) Technical Bulletin TB04-05.
- Shaver, T.M., G.A. Peterson, and L.A. Sherrod. 2003. Cropping intensification in dryland systems improves soil physical properties: Regression relations. Geoderma 116:149–164.
- Shaver, T.M., Peterson, G.A., Ahuja, L.R., Westfall, D.G., Sherrod, L.A. and Dunn, G., 2002. Surface soil physical properties after twelve years of dryland no till management. Soil Science Society of America Journal 66, pp. 1296–1303.
- Khosla, R., K. Fleming, J.A. Delagado, T.M. Shaver, and D.G. Westfall. 2002. Use of site-specific management zones to improve nitrogen management for precision agriculture. J. Soil Water Conserv. 57(6):513–518.