Associate Professor of Agronomy and Nutrient Management Specialist
B.S., Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University, 1996
M.S., Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University, 2000
Ph.D., Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University, 2009
Area of Focus
- Precision Nutrient Management
- Irrigated and Water Limited Cropping System Nutrient Management
- Management Effects on Soil Physical Properties
- Remote Sensing
Extension Area of Emphasis
- Nutrient Management
- Soil and Water Relationships
- GPS / GIS Applications
- Shaver, T.M and D.G. Westfall. 2008. Validity of Zinc Fertilizer Efficiency Ratios. Colorado Agriculture Experiment Station (CAES) Technical Bulletin TB08-04.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and R. Khosla. 2008. Ground based active remote sensors to determine Nitrogen variability in corn. In Agronomy Abstracts (CD-Rom), American Society of Agronomy, 2008 Annual Meetings, Houston, TX.
- Shaver, T.M., R. Khosla and D.G. Westfall. 2008. Correlation of normalized difference vegetation indices (NDVI) and crop variables with corn grain yield. In Abstracts, International Conference on Precision Agriculture, 2008 Meeting, Denver, CO.
- Shaver, T. M., Westfall, D. G. and Ronaghi, M. 2007. Zinc Fertilizer Solubility and Its Effects on Zinc Bioailability Over Time. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 30:1,123 - 133.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and R. Khosla. 2007. Evaluation of three ground based active remote sensors to assess nitrogen (N) status of corn across production level management zones and environments. In Agronomy Abstracts (CD-Rom), American Society of Agronomy, 2007 Annual Meetings, New Orleans, LA.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and R. Khosla. 2007. Comparison of three active remote hand-held NDVI (normalized difference vegetative indices) remote sensors for nitrogen management of corn. p. 373-379. IN. Precision Agriculture -07. ED. J. V. Stafford. Wageningen Academic Publishers, The Netherlands.
- Shaver, T.M., D.G. Westfall, and J. Khosla. 2007. Using active remote sensors to predict nitrogen status and in-season nitrogen fertilizer management in irrigated corn. Abstr. of 10th Inter. Symp. on Soil and Plant Analysis. June 11-15, 2007. Budapest, Hungary.
- Shaver, T.M., R. Khosla, and D.G. Westfall. 2006. Utilizing green normalized difference vegetation indices (GNDVI) for production level management zone delineation in irrigated corn. In Abstracts (CD-Rom), 18th World Congress of Soil Science, Philidelphia, PA. USA.
- Westfall, D.G., G.A. Peterson, F.B. Peairs, L. Sherrod, D. Poss, T. Shaver, K. Larson, D.L. Thompson, L.R. Ahuja, M.D. Koch, C.B. Walker. 2004. Sustainable dryland agroecosystem management. Colorado Agriculture Experiment Station (CAES) Technical Bulletin TB04-05.
- Shaver, T.M., G.A. Peterson, and L.A. Sherrod. 2003. Cropping intensification in dryland systems improves soil physical properties: Regression relations. Geoderma 116:149-164.
- Shaver, T.M., Peterson, G.A., Ahuja, L.R., Westfall, D.G., Sherrod, L.A. and Dunn, G., 2002. Surface soil physical properties after twelve years of dryland no till management. Soil Science Society of America Journal 66, pp. 1296-1303.
- Khosla, R., K. Fleming, J.A. Delagado, T.M. Shaver, and D.G. Westfall. 2002. Use of site-specific management zones to improve nitrogen management for precision agriculture. J. Soil Water Conserv. 57(6):513-518.