Organic Education Archives
The Organic Movement Past and Present
Agroecosystems Analysis Reading List 2014
Book Publications – Our Sustainable Future
Links - Additional Organic Resources
Science-Based Organic Farming 2010: Toward Local and Secure Food Systems
Multifunctional Rural Landscapes
Authored by Twyla Hansen and Charles Frances, UNL Dept. Agronomy & Horticulture.
Economic, Environmental, Policy and Social Impacts of Land Use Changes in Nebraska.
The paper was featured in the Praire Fire Newspaper, May 2008.
Extension and Education Materials for Sustainable Agriculture Series
Extension and Education Materials for Sustainable Agriculture Series. Center for Sustainable Agricultural Systems, University of Nebraska, 1993 - 2000. A series of volumes useful for traditional classroom instruction, extension meetings with producers, and in-service training of extension educators.
- Volume 1: Extension Materials (from regional workshops) (1993)
- Volume 2: Curricula in Sustainable Agriculture (1994)
- Volume 3: Alternative Approaches to On-farm Research and Technology Exchange (based on national symposium) (1994)
- Volume 4: Everyone a Teacher, Everyone a Learner (from train-the-trainer workshops) (1995)
- Volume 5: Shared Leadership, Shared Responsibility (from train-the-trainer workshops) (1996)
- Volume 6: Future Horizons: Recent Literature in Sustainable Agriculture(reviews more than 90 books on Sustainable Agriculture) (1996)
- Volume 7: Linking People, Purpose and Place: An Ecological Approach to Agriculture (from the NCSATP Professional Development Program workshops of the North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program) (1997)
- Volume 8: Procedures for Evaluating Alternative Farming Systems: A Case Study for Eastern Nebraska (1998)
- Volume 9: Facing a Watershed: Managing Profitable and Sustainable Landscapes in the 21 st Century (1998)
- Volume 10: Small Farming Systems for the Midwest and Reintegrating Agriculture and Community in the Midwest (1999)
- Volume 11: Urbanization of Rural Landscapes: Syllabus and Teaching Materials from a University Course (1999)
- Volume 12: Urbanization of Rural Landscapes: Second Syllabus and Teaching Materials from a University Course (2000)
- Volume 13: Action Education in Land Use Decisions: Student Views on Urbanization and Farmland Loss
- Volume 14: Education in Agroecology: Reports and Publications from The Nova University Program
- Volume 15: Adventures in Experiential Learning: Student Creativity in a Course on Urban Sprawl, 2004
Growing Crops Sustainably - Organic Grape Production by Tara Sood