The IANR Science Communication Hub is dedicated to supporting IANR students, postdocs, and faculty to reach their scientific writing and science communication goals. The hub helps our community to showcase their innovations and discoveries by:
- Providing individual consultations.
- Providing or facilitating programmatic group activities (courses, events, and workshops).
- Curating scientific writing and communication resources.
- Facilitating community building.
Whether you are just getting started on your writing journey or have already traveled far, the IANR Science Communication Hub can support your academic and research endeavors.
Regardless of our chosen field or career path, we must communicate well when working in STEM. The IANR Science Communication Hub is dedicated to supporting our community to develop essential communication skills and providing a space to share our knowledge.
The hub has four primary goals:
- To equip the next generation of scientists to be effective communicators within their discipline, across disciplines, and with the public.
- To build professional skills, such as communication, collaboration, and leadership.
- To use evidence-based best practices to expand students’ professional knowledge and capacity.
- To expand the broader knowledge base by conducting independent writing research.
We reach our goals by providing consultations and programming for IANR students, postdocs, and faculty to bring our science to each other, and the broader community.
If you have not worked with the Science Communication Hub before, please make an appointment for an initial consultation about your manuscript, thesis, dissertation, professional materials or other professional correspondence. Follow-up appointments can also be made here.
Request a Review
After your initial consultation, you can submit your work directly for feedback. Follow-up submissions can also be made here.Submit Work for Feedback
Sit-down-and-write is a weekly writing group for graduate students. The meeting gives students the opportunity to have uninterrupted writing time outside of their normal environment with others who are also writing. Students have blocks of focused, timed writing with short breaks between blocks. To join our writing community, subscribe to the listserv (list name - SciCommHub--sit-down-and-write).Subscribe to SciCommHub--sit-down-and-write
Feedback and suggestions
We want to hear from you! Please take a minute to provide feedback about your experience. All feedback is collected anonymously and helps us to improve the IANR Science Communication Hub to best serve our community.