GREENHOUSES, STRAWBERRIES, MEDICINAL & CULINARY HERBS AND MORE
The Capillary Mat Construction for High Tunnel or Greenhouse Benches video demonstrates how to install a capillary mat system by first laying black poly, then the white mat and drip tape followed by panda plastic (white/black) on the top.
CEA Grant 2013-2014
The Nebraska Strawberry Team continues research with a grant: "Winter Production of Nebraska Strawberries: An Idea Whose Time Has Come" This project was funded by a grant from the Walmart Foundation and administered by the University of Arkansas System Division Of Agriculture Center for Agricultural and Rural Sustainability.
- High Tunnel Design, Site Development, and Construction(added 12/20/15)
- Grower Production Schedule (added 10/20/14)
- The Challenges of Growing Strawberries in the Greenhouse PDF (added 1/27/14)
- Capillary Mat - Greenhouse Grower article PDF (added 9/6/12)
- An Investigation of Reflective Mulches for use over Capillary Mat Systems for Winter-time Greenhouse Strawberry Production PDF (added 6/13/12)
- Extension: Estimating Construction Costs for a Low-Cost Quonset-style Greenhouse (ec104) PDF (added 6/13/12)
- Strawberries in Winter - ARD Research Newsletter PDF
- Scarlet: "Scientists work to develop new way to grow strawberries in greenhouses" PDF