Controlled Environment Agriculture
Greenhouses, Strawberries and More
CEA Grant 2013-2014
Just released: NSSI e-book
The NSSI e-book reveals sustainability discoveries from 20 projects in 13 states. Contents grew out of National Strawberry Sustainability Initiative established in 2013 with $3 million Walmart Foundation grant.
The Nebraska Strawberry Team continues research with a grant: "Winter Production of Nebraska Strawberries: An Idea Whose Time Has Come"
This project was funded by a grant from the Walmart Foundation and administered by the University of Arkansas System Division Of Agriculture Center for Agricultural and Rural Sustainability.
Please also visit
- High Tunnel Design, Site Development, and Construction(added 12/20/15)
- NSSI e-book
- Grower Production Schedule (added 10/20/14)
- The Challenges of Growing Strawberries in the Greenhouse PDF (added 1/27/14)
- Capillary Mat - Greenhouse Grower article PDF (added 9/6/12)
- An Investigation of Reflective Mulches for use over Capillary Mat Systems for Winter-time Greenhouse Strawberry Production PDF (added 6/13/12)
- Extension: Estimating Construction Costs for a Low-Cost Quonset-style Greenhouse (ec104) PDF (added 6/13/12)
- ARD Research Newsletter PDF
Scarlet: "Scientists work to develop new way to grow strawberries in greenhouses" PDF