Buy Fresh Buy Local® Nebraska is an outreach and marketing program to promote and support local foods. The program began in 2006 after tremendous research was done by a conglomeration of consumers, farmers, non-profits and small local businesses that wanted to create a local food system. With on-going grass roots support, it is a collaborative effort of the Nebraska Sustainable Ag Society, Nebraska Cooperative Development Center and Great Plains RC&D, along with national partner FoodRoutes Network.
Nebraska Sustainable Ag Society is a non-profit organization, proud of their diverse membership which includes farmers & ranchers, rural & urban consumers, market gardeners, educators, families & restaurateurs. They welcome anyone who is concerned about family farming, environmental quality & good, healthy food!
Agroecosystems Analysis Reading List 2014
Book Publications – Our Sustainable Future
Links - Additional Organic Resources
Science-Based Organic Farming 2010: Toward Local and Secure Food Systems
Extension and Education Materials for Sustainable Agriculture SeriesExtension and Education Materials for Sustainable Agriculture Series. Center for Sustainable Agricultural Systems, University of Nebraska, 1993 - 2000. A series of volumes useful for traditional classroom instruction, extension meetings with producers, and in-service training of extension educators.
- Volume 1: Extension Materials (from regional workshops) (1993)
- Volume 2: Curricula in Sustainable Agriculture (1994)
- Volume 3: Alternative Approaches to On-farm Research and Technology Exchange (based on national symposium) (1994)
- Volume 4: Everyone a Teacher, Everyone a Learner (from train-the-trainer workshops) (1995)
- Volume 5: Shared Leadership, Shared Responsibility (from train-the-trainer workshops) (1996)
- Volume 6: Future Horizons: Recent Literature in Sustainable Agriculture(reviews more than 90 books on Sustainable Agriculture) (1996)
- Volume 7: Linking People, Purpose and Place: An Ecological Approach to Agriculture (from the NCSATP Professional Development Program workshops of the North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program) (1997)
- Volume 8: Procedures for Evaluating Alternative Farming Systems: A Case Study for Eastern Nebraska (1998)
- Volume 9: Facing a Watershed: Managing Profitable and Sustainable Landscapes in the 21 st Century (1998)
- Volume 10: Small Farming Systems for the Midwest and Reintegrating Agriculture and Community in the Midwest (1999)
- Volume 11: Urbanization of Rural Landscapes: Syllabus and Teaching Materials from a University Course (1999)
- Volume 12: Urbanization of Rural Landscapes: Second Syllabus and Teaching Materials from a University Course (2000)
- Volume 13: Action Education in Land Use Decisions: Student Views on Urbanization and Farmland Loss
- Volume 14: Education in Agroecology: Reports and Publications from The Nova University Program
- Volume 15: Adventures in Experiential Learning: Student Creativity in a Course on Urban Sprawl, 2004