GRADUATE STUDENT ASSOCIATION
Welcome to the home of the Agronomy and Horticulture Graduate Student Association in the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. This webpage has information showing and explaining what we are all about.
Join in the fun with AHGSA!
The Agronomy and Horticulture Graduate Student Association will serve as the representative body for graduate students in the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. We work to promote interaction and a closer relationship among graduate students. The AHGSA will serve as a channel of communication between graduate students and faculty and staff. We will also investigate problems and issues unique to graduate students and propose solutions to them.
- President – Leonardo Bastos
- Vice President – Jaspinder Singh
- Treasurer – Mary Happ
- Secretary – Morgan McPherson
- Safety and Training – Sam McConaughy
- Scholarship – Ben Samuelson
- Social – Dinesh Panday
- Mentor and Orientation – Martina La Vallie
- Seminar – Salvador Ramirez
- Recruitment and Retention – Open
- Graduate – Jessica Soroksky
- Agronomy Farms and Greenhouse – Madhav Bhatta
- Activities and Entertainment – Adam Striegel
- ASUN/GSA – Madhav Bhatta, Jake Ziggafoos
Each fall, the AHGSA holds a cookout for the students, faculty and staff.
Spring Appreciation Awards Banquet
Each spring the AHGSA holds a banquet to honor the achievements of students, faculty and staff in the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture. This year the AHGSA raised more than $300 to be used toward traveling scholarships.
Wine Tasting with Hors d' oeuvres
For the last two years the AHGSA helped coordinate and host a department wine tasting with hors d'oeuvres.
This annual event is put on with the help of the Agronomy and Horticulture Graduate Committee. Winners are awarded prizes and everyone has an opportunity to show off their research and project efforts.