Instructor(s): Christian Elowsky
Number of Credit Hours: 4
Cross-listings: AGRO 878, HORT 878
Description: Development, structure, and function of tissues and organs of the higher plants. Relationships of structure to physiology and ecology of plants.
Learning Outcomes/Course Objectives
- Foundational content expertise in both model and non-model plant species (cells, tissues, organs).
- Skills to make fresh slides mounts to assess and document the anatomy of plant organs.
- Predict the anatomy of a plant based on its native habitat or predict selective pressures on a plant based on its anatomy.
- Competence in the field to independently create a summative review of an anatomical topic based on primary scientific literature.
- Assess the accuracy of journal article images and present counter argumentative information and analysis.