Wednesday, June 26, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
South Central Ag Lab, Clay Center, NE
Including On-site Demonstration of New Technologies & Herbicides for Weed Control in
Corn, Soybean and Popcorn Research
8:00 a.m. – Registration (no cost) Enjoy rolls & coffee!
All tours depart from the shop building area.
8:30 – 10 a.m. Demonstration of projects for weed control in soybean
10 – 10:15 a.m. Break (Refreshments provided)
10:15 a.m. – Noon Demonstration of projects for weed control in corn and popcorn
Noon – 1 p.m. Lunch (Free)
1 p.m. End of field day. Thank you for coming. Have a good trip home!
Tour 1: On-Site Demonstration of New Technology/Herbicides for Weed Control in Soybean
- Comparison of Herbicide Programs for Weed Control in Soybean: Unbiased comparison of several herbicide programs of different companies for weed control in Roundup Ready 2 Xtend and Liberty Link soybean. New herbicides and multiple herbicide-resistant soybean cultivars will be discussed.
- Weed Control and Crop Safety in XtendFlex Soybean: Understand soybean resistant to dicamba, glyphosate, and glufosinate and herbicide programs and their crop safety.
- Weed Control and Crop Safety in Alite 27 Soybean: Understand soybean resistant to dicamba, glyphosate, and glufosinate and herbicide programs and their crop safety.
- Terminating Cereal Rye Using Glyphosate Alternatives: Glyphosate has been used significantly for terminating cover crops that has increased chances of the evolution of glyphosate-resistant winter annual weeds. The objective of this study is to determine glyphosate alternatives for terminating cereal rye before planting soybean.
Tour 2: On-Site Demonstration of Herbicides for Weed Control in Corn
- Comparison of Herbicide Programs for Weed Control in Corn: Unbiased comparison of several herbicide programs by different companies for weed control in glyphosate plus glufosinate-resistant corn. New herbicides in corn will be discussed.
- Control of Roundup Ready/LibertyLink Volunteer Corn in Enlist Corn: Volunteer corn is an important weed in corn-soybean cropping systems. Several fields in Nebraska are continuous corn and control of volunteer corn is a challenge. A project will be demonstrated to control volunteer corn in Enlist corn.
- Control of Johnsongrass and Foxtails in Popcorn: Nebraska is number one producer of popcorn in the USA. Grass weed control is challenge for popcorn growers. Herbicide options for johnsongrass and foxtail will be discussed. Response of white and yellow popcorn hybrids to these herbicides will be demonstrated.
- Evaluating weed control efficacy of DiFlexx or DiFlexx DUO with and without ammonium sulfate (AMS): The objectives of this study are to (1) evaluate weed control efficacy of DiFlexx or DiFlexx DUO applied with and without AMS or with AMS replacement (Class Act Ridion) and (2) evaluate if higher labeled rate of DiFlexx or DiFlexx DUO may provide higher weed control efficacy compared with the lower labeled rate when applied without AMS.
Response of soybean to simulated drift rate of dicamba or 2,4-D
Stevan Knezevic, Professor, Integrated Weed Management
Extension Weed Management Specialist
Several sponsors joined with the University of Nebraska–Lincoln to support Weed Management Field Day.
We thank all sponsors for their generous support and promotion of Weed Science Research and Extension in Nebraska.
Nebraska Soybean Board
South Central Agricultural Laboratory