David P. Lambe
Associate Professor of Practice
Area of Expertise: Turf, Landscape, and Horticulture Systems
B.S., Agriculture, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
MBA, specialization in strategic management, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2004
Area of Focus
- Entrepreneurship – emphasis in agriculture
- Business plan development
- Entrepreneurship education
Major Project Activities
- Instruction of undergraduate and graduate students in entrepreneurship with emphasis in agriculture
- Lead Instructor - Engler Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Program
- Distance Education
- AECN/AGRO/ENTR/EAEP/HORT 275 - Entrepreneurial Finance (distance and resident) (AGRO/275)
- ABUS/AGRO/ENTR/EAEP/HORT 388 - Agribusiness Entrepreneurship (distance and resident) (AGRO/388)
- ABUS/AGRO/ENTR/EAEP/HORT 488/888 - Business Management for Agricultural Enterprises (distance and resident) (AGRO/488)
Publication Record (2014-2019)
- Paprozzi ET., B. Hitt, and D. Lambe. (2019). The Readiness Report: How confident are your graduating seniors? NACTA Journal, Vol 63.
- Wortman SE, Forcella F, Lambe D, Clay SA, Humburg D (2018). Profitability of abrasive weeding in organic grain and vegetable crops. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems 1–6. https:// doi.org/10.1017/S1742170518000479
- Lambe, D., S.A. Adams. 2016. Estimated Costs of Producing Hops in Nebraska. UNL Extension Publication EC3010. 7pp.
- Lambe, D., S. A. Adams and E. T. Paparozzi. 2012. Estimating construction costs for a low-cost Quonset-style Greenhouse. UNL Extension Publication EC 104. 8 pp.
- NIFA - Fostering the next generation of agricultural and natural resources professionals through experiential learning in research, education, and extension. Martha Mamo, Don Lee, Leah Sandall, Gina Matkin, Walt Schacht, Dave Lambe, Jenny Keshwani 2017-2020 - $261,000. https://www.unl.edu/summerprogram/plantsci
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture –Hops Cultivar and Production Evaluation. Stacy Adams, Kim Todd, Kevin Korus, Dave Lambe. $78,000 Awarded October 20th 2015, start: December 10, 2015, end: December 14, 2016)
- "Walmart Strawberry Project", Univ of Arkansas, Universities, Research. Paparozzi, E. T. (Principal Investigator), Meyer, G. E. (Investigator), Adams, S. (Investigator), Lambe, D. P. (Investigator), Read, P. (Investigator), Blankenship, E. (Investigator), 66145, $110,160.00, Awarded. (sub: April 12, 2013, start: July 1, 2013, end: June 30, 2014).
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture/USDA –Greenhouse Strawberry Production in Nebraska–- E. Paparozzi, G. Meyer, S. Adams, P. Read, D. Lambe 2012-2013 -$12,650
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture/USDA –Farmer’s Alternate Crop- Winter Production of Greenhouse Strawberries –- E. Paparozzi, V. Schlegel, G. Meyer, S. Adams, P. Read, D. Lambe – 2011-2012 - $38,456
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture/USDA –Farmer’s Alternative - Winter Strawberry Production in Nebraska –- E. Paparozzi, V. Schlegel, G. Meyer, S. Adams, P. Read, D. Lambe – 2010-2011 - $17,875
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture/USDA –Winter Strawberry Production in Nebraska - E. Paparozzi, V. Schlegel, G. Meyer, S. Adams, P. Read, D. Lambe – 2009-2011 $35,530