Dale T. Lindgren
West Central Research and Extension Center
Dale T. Lindgren
Emeritus Professor of Horticulture
B. S., Horticulture and Agronomy, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 1969
M. S., Plant Breeding and Genetics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 1975
Ph.D., Plant Breeding and Genetics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 1976
Area of Focus
Ornamental Horticulture, Landscape Ecology, and Design
- Acquire, breed, select, test and subsequently propagate/distribute wildflowers/native plant species as a part of the emphasis on sustainable landscape and ornamental horticulture systems.
- Cooperative projects on dry edible beans and miscellaneous crops
Major Project Activities
The major project activity is the "Selection, Development and Propagation of Native Herbaceous Landscape Plants". The objective is to release high qualitiy cultivars/lines of ornamental plants for landscape use with emphasis on native plants.
Plan, prepare and deliver meaningful and pertinent information to clientele audiences including, but not limited to, the Extension Educators, commercial firms and growers involved with horticulture crops and home gardeners. Master Gardener training is a large component of this assignment.
- Mutlu, N., P. Miklas, J. Steadman, A. Vidaver, D. Lindgren, J. Reiser and D.P. Coyne. 2005. Registration of Common Bacterial Blight Resistant Pinto Bean Germplasm Line ABCP-8. Crop Science 45:806 (JSN 14628).
- Lindgren, D.T. and D.M. Schaaf. 2004. Influence of Seed Stratification and Seed Age on Emergence of Penstemon. HortScience 39(6):1385-1386 (JSN 12179).
- Lindgren, D.T. and D.M. Schaaf. 2004. Lithospermum incisum 'Pawnee' Germplasm. HortScience 39(5):1153-1154 (JSN 14038).
- Gonzales, J.W., D.P. Coyne, D.T. Lindgren, D. Schaaf and K.M. Eskridge. 2004. Heritability of the Resistance to Potato Leafhopper in Dry Beans. HortScience 39(7):1578-1580 (JSN 13736).
- Lindgren, D.T. and K. Todd. 2004. Wildflowers for the Home Landscape: Perennials for Sunny Sites. NebGuide G92-1074 (Revised January, 2004).
- Lindgren, D. T. and D. M. Schaaf. 2003. Dalea purpurea 'Stephanie' HortScience 38(2):311-312.
- Lindgren, Dale and Ellen Wilde. 2003. Growing Penstemon: Species, Cultivars and Hybrids (Book). InfinityPublishing.com
- Lindgren, D. T., D. M. Schaaf and J. Locklear. 2003. Dalea villosa 'Sandhills Satin' HortScience 38(2): 313-314.
- Miklas, P. N., D. P. Coyne, K. F. Grafton, N. Mutlu, J. Reiser, D.T. Lindgren and S.P. Singh. 2003. A major QTL for common bacterial blight resistance derived from the common bean, great northern, landrace cultivar Montana No. 5. Euphytica 131:137-146.
- Todd, K. W. and D. T. Lindgren. Perennials in Water-wise Landscapes. NebGuide G94-1214 (Cooperative Extension).