Associate Professor of Practice
B.S. Horticulture, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 1993
M.S. Horticulture, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 1996
M.C.R.P. Community Planning, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 2009
Area of Focus
Turfgrass & Landscape Management; Undergraduate Recruitment
Major Project Activities
- Develop and implement strategies for undergraduate student recruitment for majors within the Department
- Manage distribution of undergraduate Department scholarships
- Revise and update the Plant Science eBook
- Lead development of 12 Master Gardener training publications
- Lead development of 4-H landscape design curriculum for high school aged students
- Coordinate Nebraska State FFA Nursery and Landscape Career Development Event
- TLMT 295/395 Extended Internship/Career Experience (TLMT/295)
- TLMT 127 Survey of Turfgrass and Landscape Management (TLMT/127)
- AGRO/HORT 131 Plant Science (AGRO/131)
- Advisor for UNL Turf Club and Turf Competitions Team
- Streich, Anne, Steve Rodie and Kim Todd. 2015. Growing Beautiful Spaces I-III Student Manuals, Teacher's Manuals, and Portfolios. 4-H Landscape Design Curriculum. 4H6110, 4H6120, and 4H6130 series. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Streich, Anne, Zac Reicher and Kim Todd. 2014. Mulching the Landscape. EC1274. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Streich, Anne, Martha Mamo, Charles Wortman, and David Holding. 2014. Plant Nutrients and Soil Fertility. EC1275. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Streich, Anne and Kim Todd. 2014. Protecting Landscape Plants. EC1276. University of Nebraska-Extension.
- Streich, Anne and Kim Todd. 2014. Classification and Naming of Plants. EC1272. University of Nebraska Extension.
- Holding, David and Anne Streich. 2014. Plant Growth Processes: Transpiration, Photosynthesis, and Respiration. EC1268. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Streich, Anne, Martha Mamo, Charles Wortman, Humberto Blanco, and Dennis McCallister. 2014. Properties of Landscape Soils. EC1267. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Streich, Anne, Roch Gaussoin, and Zac Reicher. 2014. Managing Turf and Landscape Weeds. EC1256. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Streich, Anne and Steve Rodie. 2014. Identifying Landscape Plants. EC1265. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Hygnstrom, Janet, Clyde Ogg, Erin Bauer, Pierce Hansen and Anne Streich. 2013. Integrated Pest Management in Landscapes. EC 1266. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
- Streich, Anne M., Amy D. Timmerman, James A. Kalisch, Stephen M. Vantassel, Frederick P. Baxendale, and Scott E. Hygnstrom. Landscape Diagnostic Guide for Problems Affecting Woody Ornamentals and Herbaceous Perennials. University of Nebraska Extension. EC1260.
- Streich, A.M., Roch E Gaussoin, Lorn J. Giesler, and Fred P. Baxendale. 2006. Turf and Pest Management for Golf Courses in Nebraska. Ext. Pub. No. EC1253. University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE.
- Streich, A.M., R.E. Gaussoin, W.W. Stroup, and R.C. Shearman. 2005. Survey of Management and Environmental Influence on Golf Ball Roll Distance. International Turfgrass Society Research Journal 10 (Part 1) p. 446-454.
- Streich, A.M., D.B. Marx, J.M. Stafford, S.N. Rodie, and K.W. Todd. 2003. Estimation of Attendance at a Large Outdoor Event. Journal of Extension. October 41(5).
- Kerek, M., R.A. Drijber, W.L. Powers, R.C. Shearman, R.C. Gaussoin, A.M. Streich. 2002. Accumulation of microbial biomass within particulate organic matter of aging golf greens. Agronomy Journal 94(3):455-461.
- A.M. Streich and R.E. Gaussoin. Quantifying the Impacts of Genotype Selection and Turfgrass Management on the Speed and Smoothness of Putting Greens. Diversity. Vol.16(1-2) p.35-36.
- Rist, A.M., M.F. Kocher, W.W. Stroup, R.E. Gaussoin, R.D. Grisso, and R.C. Shearman. 1999. Golf ball deceleration measuring system to evaluate surface uniformity on golf course greens. CropSci. Vol.39(3):741-745.
- Rist, A.M., R.E. Gaussoin, R.C. Shearman, J.D. Fry, and W.W. Stroup. 1997. Season and genotype influence golf ball roll distance on creeping bentgrass. HortScience 32(5): 878-879.