The Department of Agronomy and Horticulture Events team plans and executes an event, taking responsibility for the creative, technical and logistical elements needed to promote the department within CASNR, IANR and the university.
- Coordinate meetings, conventions, receptions, field days, trade shows and special events
- Create event budget, select location and vendors, determine attendee target market, coordinate speakers and determine event requirements and logistic issues
- Negotiate contracts with caterers, venues and event rental companies
- Set up on-line event registration
- Provide customer service for registration inquiries and credit card payments
- Oversee the event as it takes place
- Communicate with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning
- Work with Agronomy and Horticulture Multimedia Design and Communications team to create event webpage and marketing
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Apply for CEU credits for conferences and field days
- Analyze event financials and data after the event
We will do our best to contact you about your project in a timely manner. All areas of work will be divided between Wendy and Connie based on their work schedule. All work will be prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis and deadlines taken into account.