Connie Hansen plans and executes events, taking responsibility for the technical and logistical elements. The Design and Communication team promotes events through the department to internal and external audiences.
- Coordinates meetings, conventions, receptions, field days, trade shows and special events
- Creates event budget, select location and vendors, determine attendee target market, coordinate speakers and determine event requirements and logistic issues
- Negotiates contracts with caterers, venues and event rental companies
- Sets up on-line event registration
- Provides customer service for registration inquiries and credit card payments
- Oversees the event as it takes place
- Communicates with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning
- Works with Agronomy and Horticulture Multimedia Design and Communications team to create event webpage and marketing
- Manages event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Applies for CEU credits for conferences and field days
- Analyzes event financials and data after the event
Hansen will do her best to contact you about your project in a timely manner. All work will be prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis and deadlines taken into account.