Greenhouses, Strawberries, Medicinal and Culinary Herbs, and MoreControlled Environment AgricultureContact Us
Multistate research group meets at Nebraska
Horticulturists and biological systems engineers from nine universities met at the Hyatt Place in Lincoln for their annual multistate meeting, June 29–30. The group, NE-1335 Resource Management in Commercial Greenhouse Production, was welcomed by University of Nebraska–Lincoln IANR Vice Chancellor Mike Boehm.
The Capillary Mat Construction for High Tunnel or Greenhouse Benches video demonstrates how to install a capillary mat system by first laying black poly, then the white mat and drip tape followed by panda plastic (white/black) on the top.Capillary Mat–Greenhouse Grower article
Winter Growing of Strawberries
Professor Ellen Paparozzi talks about growing strawberries in the greenhouse during winter in this video.
- Poster 2014
- Poster 2012
- Poster 2010
- Strawberry Yield Tables 2000-2012
- Grower Production Schedule (added 10/20/14)
- The Challenges of Growing Strawberries in the Greenhouse PDF (added 1/27/14)
- Strawberries in Winter–ARD Research Newsletter PDF
- Scarlet: “Scientists work to develop new way to grow strawberries in greenhouses” PDF
- Strawberry cultivars vary in productivity, sugars and phytonutrient content when grown in a greenhouse during the winter PDF
- Stolon Development and Cultural Production Practices of Winter Grown Strawberries PDF
The Nebraska Strawberry Team continues research with a grant: "Winter Production of Nebraska Strawberries: An Idea Whose Time Has Come" This project was funded by a grant from the Walmart Foundation and administered by the University of Arkansas System Division Of Agriculture Center for Agricultural and Rural Sustainability.