The University of Nebraska Viticulture Program and the Nebraska Winery and Grape Growers Association will host a field day June 26 at Capitol View Winery & Vineyards, 2361 Wittstruck Road, Roca, Nebraska.
The UNVP and NWGGA are collaborating to bring experienced and prospective grape growers a look at early summer vineyard tasks and special topics that will help producers to grow even better grapes for exceptional Nebraska wines.
Highlights of program include:
- Viewing and evaluation of the UNVP High Tunnel Vinifera Project.
- Viewing Ed Swanson’s new cultivar, ‘Merchette’ grown in the high tunnel and in the field (vineyard).
- Swanson will talk about several other breeding lines he has “in the pipeline.”
- UNVP personnel will discuss early summer vineyard tasks.Vineyard Floor Management and trellis adjustments.
- Other timely topics and a tour of the winery may be arranged.
Lunch is provided with registration.
This event will begin at 8:30 a.m. with registration and social time and the program will start at 9 a.m.
More information and directions at https://viticulture.unl.edu.