Instructor(s): Don Lee
Number of Credit Hours: 1
Number of CEUs for Certified Crop Advisers (CCAs): 5 CEUs in Pest Management
Description: The application of basic science and technology by plant genetic engineering experts with the goal of teaming with plant breeders to improve disease resistance in crop cultivars. Learning is structured by the genetics discovery story told in published research articles and the thinking process of genetic engineers and plant breeders who will use these discoveries in their work.
This course is a companion course to Disease Resistance Breeding: Soybean Case Study and may be taken before at the same time or after the Soybean Case Study course.
Prerequisites: Admission to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Strong background in plant science, genetics and/or biology is recommended.
Course Requirements & Materials:
- Technical Requirements: Access to high-speed Internet and email with up-to-date browsers and the ability to view videos (recommended browsers are Firefox, Chrome, and Safari)
- Textbooks: No textbooks required. All course materials are online in Canvas.
This Course is Ideal For…
- Graduate students and advanced undergraduate students interested in plant breeding
- Seed and/or food industry personnel
- Certified professional agronomists, crop consultants, and crop advisers
- Science and agriculture/vocational education teachers
- Extension educators, agents, and specialists