FACTS AND FORMS
Department Vehicle Reservations
- Check Vehicle Availability
- Contact one of the following Office Pros to reserve a department vehicle:
- Michelle, 2-1503
- Connie, 2-8747
- Casey, 2-1508
- Judy, 2-5138
Communications & Technology
- For Computer & Printer Assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-472-3970 (IT Support)
- MyRed Portal
- Office 365 Web Email
- UniversityPeople Search
- Employee Expense Voucher: starting 9/1/17
- Employee Expense Voucher: Jan.-Aug., 2017
- Non Travel Expense Voucher
- Visiting Personnel Form
- Pre-Trip Travel Authorization
- HAPPI Business Center Travel Documents
- Allowable Travel Expenses from University Travel Services. Itemized receipts must accompany all reimbursement forms.
- Travel Tips
- Agronomy & Horticulture
- Firefly at Nebraska
- HAPPI Business Center
- University Human Resources
Office Professionals Work Group
Welcome to the webpage for the Office Professionals Work Group in the Department of Agronomy & Horticulture at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln! The purpose of this page is to help faculty, staff, and students in the department find information, forms, and contact names quickly and easily. Please browse through this page and visit the tabs to learn more about the department and the Office Professionals.
Agronomy and Horticulture Office Professionals provide expertise in the following areas:
- Coordinating travel arrangements and expense reimbursement
- Completing purchasing card transactions forms
- Processing non-travel expense reimbursements
- Purchasing office supplies and non-chemical products
- Completing Industry Income Forms
General Office Services
- Assisting with copy and print projects (including ordering business cards and poster orders)
- Creating and updating newsletters, flyers, brochures and proceedings
- Entering data via Excel and Access
- Making conference room and conference phone reservations
- Organizing and supporting seminars and events
- Reserving university automobiles
- Proofing and editing manuscripts
- Scanning documents
- Sending faxes
- Sending letters and packages via FedEx, UPS, and USPS
- Typing and word processing
Teaching, Research, and Extension Support
- Arranging conferences, field days, field trips, seminars, short courses, and workshops
- Gleaning information from MyRed
- Navigating and updating Blackboard
- Providing course support
- Distance education assistance via PASSeL (eLibrary) and Canvas
- Arranging "Bridge" conference calls
- Developing PowerPoint presentations
- Creating and updating department webpages
- Creating/designing courses in Canvas
- Canvas technical support
- Starting equipment for conference calls
- Converting images for publications
- Troubleshoot Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Adobe Acrobat issues
Back to top of the page.
Who We Are
Agronomy & Horticulture Office Associates or "Office Professionals" are a pool of staff members who assist faculty, staff, and students with their efforts on behalf of the department, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and the citizens of Nebraska. We promote the department in a positive way, aim to deliver a high-quality work product in a timely manner, and provide great customer service to on-campus and off-campus clients.
While we are cross-trained to assist with multiple job tasks, many of us work in specialty areas or have favorite types of work that we like to do. We are located in 279 Plant Sciences Hall and 202 Keim Hall.
The Office Professionals include:
Judy Fredrick, 472-5138, 279 PLSH
Judy assists faculty, staff & students in 279 Plant Science office suite. She is responsible for the design and layout of several courses on Canvas, creates and updates web pages, facilitates Adobe Connect sessions and edits videos. She creates surveys via Survey Monkey, gleans information from My Red, uses Photoshop, Premeire, Word, Excel, Access, and Adobe Acrobat as needed to assist faculty and staff. Judy processes pre-trip travel arrangements and travel expense vouchers after trips, orders supplies through eShop or with her purchasing card. Judy is also a member of the Seminar Committee.
Michelle assists faculty, staff & students when they arrive in 279 Plant Science office suite. She processes pre-trip travel arrangements and travel expense vouchers after trips, orders supplies through eShop or with her purchasing card, word processing, reserving conference rooms and department vehicles. She also distributes mail to department employees.
Connie Hansen, 472-8747, 279 PLSH
Connie assists faculty, staff & students with pre-trip travel arrangements and travel expense vouchers after trips. Connie works with data entry, word processing, ordering supplies through eShop or with her purchasing card, reserving conference rooms, and helping with special events. She will assist with planning the Crop Production Clinics in January and with developing clinic proceedings.
Casey Lundberg, 472-1508, 279 PLSH
Casey is the Office Supervisor and the point-of-contact for faculty. He accepts and distributes work after it arrives in the office. He will be working with the department curriculum committee and making arrangements for visiting scientists and scholars.
Christine Weitzel, 472-6447, 279 PLSH
Christine processes travel and employee expense reimbursements, orders supplies via eShop, does data entry, reserves conference rooms, and completes many other office duties. She enters vehicle mileage and tracks the two department cars. She also serves as a backup to the receptionist by answering phones and greeting visitors at the front desk at 202 Keim.
Annie Vance, 472-2811, 202 KEIM
As the department receptionist, Annie welcomes faculty, staff, students and visitors in person or by phone or e-mail. She schedules conference rooms, maintains department lists and emails, coordinates Extension manuscript movement of copy, processes travel arrangements and reimbursements, purchases supplies, and serves as a Building Maintenance Reporter. She provides assistance to the Department Head, Assistant to the Department Head, Facilities Coordinator, Business Manager, and Personnel Generalist. She also serves on the department Awards Committee and the Activities & Entertainment Committee.
Back to top of the page.
Goodding Learning Center
Diane Nolan, 472-1515, 279A PLSH
Diane is the information technology associate for the Goodding Center. She assists faculty, staff and students with computer, printing, and technology issues. She also provides support on Canvas, eXtension, Moodle, and the PASSeL e-Library.
Student Services Center
Our Student Services Center operates with Danielle Lopez and Kathy Schindler staffing the center. The goal of this student-focused office is to provide a resource center to Department of Agronomy and Horticulture graduate and undergraduate students. Students may obtain information and forms, and department staff will help students reach their faculty advisors.
Danielle Lopez, 472-1560, 279K PLSH
Danielle assists students with finding resources, information, and forms. She works with the Schedule of Classes, class rosters and textbook orders. Danielle collects graduate student applications and organizes department scholarship applications for the Graduate and Scholarship committees respectively. She also serves on the department Recruitment and Retention Committee and the Scholarship Committee.
Kathy Schindler, 472-1730, 279J PLSH
Kathy serves as a resource for distance students and classes. She provides distance education support for certificate programs and AG*IDEA classes. She enjoys creating and updating webpages, working with students and writing and editing manuscripts and newsletters.
Helpful web pages for Department of Agronomy & Horticulture students include:
- Graduate Student home page;
- Agronomy and Horticulture Online;
- University Graduate Bulletin;
- Agronomy & Horticulture Graduate Student Association (AHGSA);
- Agronomy & Horticulture Prospective Undergraduate Students;
- CASNR Undergraduate Academic Bulletin;
- University Undergraduate Bulletin;
- and the Transfer Course Equivalency web page.
Back to top of the page.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- How does the Office Pool work?
Contact Casey Lundberg, Office Supervisor, at 472-1508 to discuss work requests. He assigns the request to the office personnel based on the nature of the work, the pool's current workload, the due date, and the associate's skill set.
- How do I get assistance with classes on Canvas?
The Office Associates need to be added in Canvas as either Teaching Assistants (T.A.s) or Course Builders. Please contact Casey Lundberg at 472-1508 so he can assign an office associate.
- Who must sign my expense voucher?
When requesting reimbursement for work-related travel or purchases, the employee and the owner of the cost object account number must both sign the expense voucher. This person is usually the professor, supervisor or administrator that the employee works for, but occasionally it is someone in another department or building. The department head, business manager, or deans may also sign the voucher depending on the funding source.
- How does the university mail system work?
USPS mail is delivered to East Campus on the odd-numbered days of the month and City Campus on the even-numbered days of the month. Incoming mail is delivered about 10:30 a.m. Our staff distributes the mail and it is usually in mail boxes by noon. Staff and students will find their mail in the "support mail box" of their supervising professor in 279 Plant Sciences Hall (PLSH).
- Who do I contact if I haven't received a timecard or paycheck yet?
Please contact a member of the HAPPI Business Center. Faculty members and salaried employees should contact John Dillingham, 472-1548. Hourly employees should contact Mary Jo Haverkamp, 472-2859, and student employees should contact Susan Thomas, 472-8617.
- Who do I contact to get keys or building access?
Contact T.J. McAndrew, Facilities Coordinator, or Annie Vance, 472-2811, in 202 Keim Hall.
- Who should I call for Purchasing help?
Contact Gene Hogan, 472-6238, or Heather Steffens, 472-5132, in the HAPPI Business Center or Casey Lundberg, 472-1508, with the Office Pros group, for more information about purchasing. The Office Pros can order supplies through eShop or with Purchasing cards. Gene and Heather can set up shoppers for the university's eShop system.
- Who can assist me with travel arrangements?
Please contact Casey Lundberg so he can assign an Office Associate to start your travel arrangements.
Policies & Procedures
Contact any of the Office Pros to find your copy code within the department. The 4- or 5-digit copier codes are put into the "Department Code" screen on the copiers and are used to bill for copies.
Mailing & Distribution
- Fed Ex: A FedEx Express Driver picks up packages between 3:30-4 p.m. each business day. For FedEx Ground pickup, please call 1-800-463-3339 to schedule a pick-up.
- UPS: UPS picks up at 2:30 p.m. daily in the Plant Pathology office, 406 PLSH. For free "Smart" pickup from 279 PLSH, call 1-800-742-5877.
- USPS Mail Delivery Schedule: Mail arrives on UNL East Campus on the odd-numbered days of the month and is usually delivered by noon.The physical shipping address for the department is: University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Department of Agronomy & Horticulture, 1875 N. 38th St., 279 PLSH, Lincoln, NE 68583-0915.
- Reserving Conference Rooms
To reserve a conference room, please contact one of the Office Professionals. Our conference rooms include: 202N Keim Hall; 150 Keim Hall (please read "Policy of Use"), 279M Plant Science Hall; and 375 Plant Sciences Hall. Please throw away trash and clean up the room following use.
- Reserving Class Rooms
Contact Danielle Lopez, 472-1560.
Safety & Health
- Department Safety Committee
- Environmental Health and Safety
- University Health Center
- USDA Safety & Health webpage in Lincoln, NE
- Department Cars: The Department of Agronomy and Horticulture rents two cars for short-term (less than 5 days) use by faculty, staff & graduate students. Drivers must be authorized to drive a university vehicle. To reserve a car or to find out how to get authorized to drive a university car, contact T.J. McAndrew. There is no charge to drive the car below 25 miles. After 25 miles, the charge is $.21 a mile and that may be billed to a cost object. A Voyager fuel card is available for purchasing gasoline (you will use the first 6 digits of your NU ID or employee personnel number as the PIN).
- University Transportation Department: There are a variety of vehicles to rent from the University transportation department. The cost depends on the size and type of vehicle and the trip destination. A Voyager fuel card is also available for purchasing gasoline (you will use the first 6 digits of your NU ID or employee personnel number as the PIN).