Instructor(s): Laila Puntel
Prerequisites: PLAS/SOIL 366 and STAT 801.
Description: Basic concepts of soil variability, its underlying causes. The impact spatial variability has on soil management, primarily for crop production. Geographic and geo-statistical concepts. Use of spatial information for more profitable crop production.
Learning Outcomes/Course Objectives
- Identify sources and scales of soil variation.
- Evaluate when variability is manageable and when it is not.
- Identify both public and self-generated spatial information resources.
- Use GIS to summarize and analyze data.
- Collect data and analyze it to quantify variability.