The Department of Agronomy and Horticulture Office Professionals Work Group provides help to faculty, staff, and students in the department find information, forms and contact names quickly and easily.
Contact Casey Lundberg, Office Supervisor, at 472-1508 to discuss work requests. He assigns the request to the office personnel based on the nature of the work, the pool's current workload, the due date and the associate's skill set.
What We Can Do For You
General Office Services
- Assisting with copy and print projects (including ordering business cards and poster orders)
- Creating and updating newsletters, flyers, brochures and proceedings
- Entering data via Excel and Access
- Making conference room and conference phone reservations
- Organizing and supporting seminars and events
- Reserving university automobiles
- Proofing and editing manuscripts
- Scanning documents
- Sending faxes
- Sending letters and packages via FedEx, UPS, and USPS
- Typing and word processing
Teaching, Research, and Extension Support
- Arranging conferences, field days, field trips, seminars, short courses, and workshops
- Gleaning information from MyRed
- Providing course support
- Distance education assistance via PASSeL (eLibrary) and Canvas
- Arranging "Bridge" conference calls
- Developing PowerPoint presentations
- Creating/designing courses in Canvas
- Canvas technical support
- Starting equipment for conference calls
- Converting images for publications
- Troubleshoot Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Adobe Acrobat issues
- Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reimbursement
- Complete purchasing card transactions forms
- Process non-travel expense reimbursements
- Purchase office supplies and non-chemical products
- Complete Industry Income Forms
Classroom and Conference Room Reservations
Conference Room ReservationsContact an Office Professional to reserve a conference room. Conference rooms include:
- 202N Keim Hall
- 150 Keim Hall (please read "Policy of Use")
- 279M Plant Science Hall
- 375 Plant Sciences Hall.
Classroom ReservationsContact Danielle Lopez at 472-1560 to reserve a classroom.
The Department of Agronomy and Horticulture rents two cars for short-term (less than 5 days) use by faculty, staff & graduate students. Drivers must be authorized to drive a university vehicle. There is no charge to drive car below 25 miles. After 25 miles, the charge is $.23 a mile and will be billed to a cost object (we have two vehicles for this option). The charge is $.37 for the Suburban for all mileage. A Voyager fuel card is available for purchasing gasoline (you will use the first 6 digits of your NU ID or employee personnel number as the PIN).
Contact T.J. McAndrew to find out how to get authorized to drive a university car.
There are a variety of vehicles to rent from the University transportation department. The cost depends on the size and type of vehicle and the trip destination. A Voyager fuel card is also available for purchasing gasoline (you will use the first 6 digits of your NU ID or employee personnel number as the PIN).
- HAPPI Business Center Travel Documents
- Allowable Travel Expenses from University Travel Services. Itemized receipts must accompany all reimbursement forms.
Fed ExA FedEx Express Driver picks up packages between 3:30-4 p.m. each business day. For FedEx Ground pickup, please call 1-800-463-3339 to schedule a pick-up.
UPSUPS picks up at 2:30 p.m. daily in the Plant Pathology office, 406 PLSH. For free "Smart" pickup from 279 PLSH, call 1-800-742-5877.
University Mail System
USPS Mail arrives on Nebraska East Campus on the odd-numbered days of the month and is usually delivered by noon. City Campus mail is delivered on the even-numbered days of the month. Incoming mail is delivered about 10:30 a.m. and our staff usually distributes it by noon. Staff and students will find their mail in the "support mail box" of their supervising professor in 279 Plant Sciences Hall (PLSH).Department shipping address is: University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Department of Agronomy & Horticulture, 1875 N. 38th St., 279 PLSH, Lincoln, NE 68583-0915.
Department Copier CodesContact an Office Pro for your copy code to use with departmental copiers. The 4- or 5-digit copier codes are put into the "Department Code" screen on the copiers and are used to bill for copies.
Purchasing Help?Contact HAPPI Business Center, Heather Steffens, 472-5132, or Office Pro's Manager Casey Lundberg, 472-1508, for more information about purchasing.
- Purchasing Card Form (updated Feb. 2013)
- On-campus Requisitions
- eShop via Firefly
- Procurement Services
- HAPPI Business Center