Office Professionals

Office Professionals

The Department of Agronomy and Horticulture Office Professionals Work Group provides help to faculty, staff, and students in the department find information, forms and contact names quickly and easily.

Contact Casey Lundberg, Office Supervisor, at 472-1508 to discuss work requests. He assigns the request to the office personnel based on the nature of the work, the pool's current workload, the due date and the associate's skill set.

What We Can Do For You

General Office Services

  • Assisting with copy and print projects (including ordering business cards and poster orders)
  • Creating and updating newsletters, flyers, brochures and proceedings
  • Entering data via Excel and Access
  • Making conference room and conference phone reservations
  • Organizing and supporting seminars and events
  • Reserving university automobiles
  • Proofing and editing manuscripts
  • Scanning documents
  • Sending faxes
  • Sending letters and packages via FedEx, UPS, and USPS
  • Typing and word processing

Teaching, Research, and Extension Support

  • Arranging conferences, field days, field trips, seminars, short courses, and workshops
  • Gleaning information from MyRed
  • Providing course support
  • Distance education assistance via PASSeL (eLibrary) and Canvas


  • Arranging "Bridge" conference calls
  • Developing PowerPoint presentations
  • Creating/designing courses in Canvas
  • Canvas technical support
  • Starting equipment for conference calls
  • Converting images for publications
  • Troubleshoot Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Adobe Acrobat issues

Financial Assistance

  • Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reimbursement
  • Complete purchasing card transactions forms
  • Process non-travel expense reimbursements
  • Purchase office supplies and non-chemical products
  • Complete Industry Income Forms

Judy Fredric

Judy Fredrick

Office Associate
279K Plant Sciences Hall
More Information

Michelle Green-Ihde

Michelle Green-Ihde

Office Associate
279K Plant Sciences Hall
More Information

Tatyana Gulchuk

Tatyana Gulchuk

Office Associate
202 Keim Hall
More Information

Casey Lundberg

Casey Lundberg

Office Supervisor
279K Plant Sciences Hall
More Information

Kathryn Schindler

Kathryn Schindler

279K Plant Sciences Hall
More Information

Christine Weitzel

Christine Weitzel

279K Plant Sciences Hall
More Information

Michelle Green-Ihde

Kaye Wolfe

279 Plant Sciences Hall
More Information

Classroom and Conference Room Reservations

Conference Room Reservations

Contact an Office Professional to reserve a conference room. Conference rooms include:
  • 202N Keim Hall
  • 150 Keim Hall (please read "Policy of Use")
  • 279M Plant Science Hall
  • 375 Plant Sciences Hall.
Please clean room and throw away trash following use.

Classroom Reservations

Contact Danielle Lopez at 472-1560 to reserve a classroom.


Department Cars

The Department of Agronomy and Horticulture rents two cars for short-term (less than 5 days) use by faculty, staff & graduate students. Drivers must be authorized to drive a university vehicle. There is no charge to drive car below 25 miles. After 25 miles, the charge is $.23 a mile and will be billed to a cost object (we have two vehicles for this option). The charge is $.37 for the Suburban for all mileage. A Voyager fuel card is available for purchasing gasoline (you will use the first 6 digits of your NU ID or employee personnel number as the PIN).

Check Vehicle Availability

Contact T.J. McAndrew to find out how to get authorized to drive a university car.

Department Vehicle Reservations
To reserve a department vehicle contact: Michelle Green-Ihde at 2-1503, Casey Lundberg at 2-1508, or Judy Fredrick at 2-5138 

University Transportation Department

There are a variety of vehicles to rent from the University transportation department. The cost depends on the size and type of vehicle and the trip destination. A Voyager fuel card is also available for purchasing gasoline (you will use the first 6 digits of your NU ID or employee personnel number as the PIN).

Travel Arrangements
University Travel Services

Mailing & Distribution

Fed Ex
A FedEx Express Driver picks up packages between 3:30-4 p.m. each business day. For FedEx Ground pickup, please call 1-800-463-3339 to schedule a pick-up.
UPS picks up at 2:30 p.m. daily in the Plant Pathology office, 406 PLSH. For free "Smart" pickup from 279 PLSH, call 1-800-742-5877.
University Mail System

USPS Mail arrives on Nebraska East Campus on the odd-numbered days of the month and is usually delivered by noon. City Campus mail is delivered on the even-numbered days of the month. Incoming mail is delivered about 10:30 a.m. and our staff usually distributes it by noon. Staff and students will find their mail in the "support mail box" of their supervising professor in 279 Plant Sciences Hall (PLSH).

Department shipping address is: University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Department of Agronomy & Horticulture, 1875 N. 38th St., 279 PLSH, Lincoln, NE 68583-0915.

University Technology

Department Copier Codes
Contact an Office Pro for your copy code to use with departmental copiers. The 4- or 5-digit copier codes are put into the "Department Code" screen on the copiers and are used to bill for copies.

Keim Hall Student Commons
Keim Hall Student Commons

Departmental Purchasing and Expense Assistance

Purchasing Help?
Contact HAPPI Business Center, Heather Steffens, 472-5132, or Office Pro's Manager Casey Lundberg, 472-1508, for more information about purchasing.
The Office Pros can order supplies through eShop or with Purchasing cards. Gene and Heather can set up shoppers for the university's eShop system.
Timecard or Paycheck Questions
Please contact a member of the HAPPI Business Center. Faculty members and salaried employees should contact John Dillingham, 472-1548. Hourly employees should contact Mary Jo Haverkamp, 472-2859, and student employees should contact Susan Thomas, 472-8617.
Expense Vouchers
Who must sign my expense voucher?
When requesting reimbursement for work-related travel or purchases, the employee and the owner of the cost object account number must both sign the expense voucher. This person is usually the professor, supervisor or administrator that the employee works for, but occasionally it is someone in another department or building. The department head, business manager, or deans may also sign the voucher depending on the funding source.

Building Safety & Health

Building Access and Keys
Contact T.J. McAndrew, Facilities Coordinator, or Tanya Gulchuk, 472-2811, in 202 Keim Hall.