Area of Expertise: Plant Physiology, Weed, and Production Systems
B.S. Entomology, University of Nebraska, 1986
M.S. Entomology, University of Nebraska, 1989
Ogg is the Pesticide Safety Education Program Coordinator at the University of Nebraska−Lincoln. He has spent the last 25+ years providing pesticide safety training to pesticide applicators.
Develop a comprehensive statewide educational program of excellence in Pesticide Safety Education Programs including Integrated Pest Management.
Major Project Activities
- Create safer home and school environments by promoting IPM and the adoption of least-toxic pest management practices.
- Develop, organize and enhance pesticide safety and IPM educational programs for professional pesticide applicators.
- Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) for private applicators and commercial applicators.
- American Association of Pesticide Safety Educators
- Entomological Society of America
- Knezevic, Stevan Z., Cody Creech, Amit Jhala, Robert Klein, Greg Kruger, Chris Proctor, Clyde Ogg, Cole Thompson, Nevin Lawrence, Rodrigo Werle, Patrick Shea, Tamara Jackson-Ziems, Anthony Adesemoye, Loren Giesler, Robert Harveson, Stephen Wegulo, Terra Hartman, Kyle Broderick, James Harbour, Robert Wright, Jeffery Bradshaw, Keith Jarvi, Michael Rethwisch, and Justin McMechan. 2018. 2018 Guide for Weed, Disease, and Insect Management in Nebraska. Extension Circular EC-130. University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension. http://extensionpublications.unl.edu/assets/pdf/ec130.pdf
- Ogg, Clyde L., Erin C. Bauer, Greg J. Puckett, Greg R. Kruger, Janet R. Hygnstrom, Frank J. Bright, and Craig Romary. 2018. Protecting Pesticide Sensitive Crops. NebGuide G-2179. University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension. http://extensionpublications.unl.edu/assets/pdf/g2179.pdf
- Ogg, Clyde L., Erin C. Bauer, Jan R. Hygnstrom, Frank J. Bright, Greg J. Puckett, and Cheryl A. Alberts. 2018. Protective Clothing and Equipment for Pesticide Applicators. NebGuide G-758. University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension. http://extensionpublications.unl.edu/assets/pdf/g758.pdf
- Ogg, Clyde L., Jan R. Hygnstrom, Cheryl A. Alberts, and Erin C. Bauer. 2018. Managing the Risk of Pesticide Poisoning and Understanding the Signs and Symptoms. Extension Circular EC-2505. University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension. http://extensionpublications.unl.edu/assets/pdf/ec2505.pdf
- Thostenson, Andrew, Clyde L. Ogg, Kristine Schaefer, Michelle Wiesbrook, John Stone, and Dean Herzfeld. 2016. Laundering Pesticide-contaminated Work Clothes. Regional Publication PS1778. North Dakota State University Extension Service. https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/publications/crops/laundering-pesticide-contaminated-work-clothes